TIANTAI Brewtech supply the whole Microbrewery equipment and Brewery equipment installation service,various capacity micro brewing equipment commissioning and training.If you want to start a Microbrewery plant,feel free to contact Tiantai Brewtech.This article is about the treatment methods of beer brewing water in microbrewery.Beer brewing water should first meet the "drinking water health standards" (GB5749-2006), some of which should also meet the requirements of beer brewing water, specific treatment There are several methods.
(1) The boiling method can decompose part of the soluble bicarbonate into insoluble carbonate and carbon dioxide to reduce the temporary hardness of water.
(2) The method of adding lime and lime can effectively remove the temporary hardness, iron ion, manganese ion and some organic matter in water, but it can only remove about 60% of the magnesium hardness, and can not remove the magnesium hardness
Change the non carbonate hardness. In addition, lime addition method can also be used as pretreatment of ion exchange method.
(3) Adding acid to improve water quality is a simple, convenient and effective method, which is often used in production. Although the hardness of water can not be changed by adding acid, the hardness of carbonate can be changed into non carbonate hardness to reduce the residual alkali (Ra value) and improve the water quality.
(4) The method of adding gypsum or calcium chloride has a significant effect on improving water quality and reducing Ra value. Reasonable use has no effect on beer quality, and the cost is far lower than that of adding acid method. It is a very widely used water treatment method in beer production.
(5) Ion exchange method ion exchange method is the use of ion-exchange resin with the ions dissolved in water and some ions with the same charge between the exchange, to remove water
It is also one of the most widely used water treatment methods in beer production.
The selection principle of ion exchange resin is: select the resin with large capacity, generally, the exchange capacity of weak resin is larger than that of strong resin. In the treatment of beer brewing water, free acid type or alkali type was used instead of sodium type and chlorine type. Using ion exchange resin to treat water is not the best way to remove the ions in water. Brewing water should keep a certain hardness. Because the ion concentration in water has a certain influence on the ion composition and concentration in wort, and the ion concentration in wort directly affects the growth of yeast. Therefore, the water treated by ion exchange method should be further improved. For example, calcium carbonate or calcium chloride can be added into the water, or a certain amount of raw water can be added to prepare brewing water with a certain amount of ions.
(6)Electrodialysis is a desalination method based on the principle of dialysis in microbrewery. In Microbrewery plant,This kind of water treatment device uses special strong acid and strong basic ion exchange resin with very low internal resistance. Besides the physical properties of ion movement, there are also exchange and adsorption of ion exchange resin.If you have any questions on Microbrewery equipment, feel free to contact us, Tiantai brewtech,your honest brewery equipment builder.